goal setting: field of dreams
posted: June 2, 2010
Most of us have seen the movie Field of Dreams and are therefore familiar with the famous quote, “If you build it, they will come”.
At lululemon athletica, building dreams is what we are all about. We are constantly encouraged to set career, personal and health goals. We sit down with each other over coffee, set goals that are important to us and commit to putting them on paper.
Dreams don’t build themselves!
Prior to working with lululemon athletica, I had my own field of dreams:
- 1983: I started visualizing that I would be a marine mammal trainer. I worked, trained and swam with marine mammals for 15 years. Check!
- 1989: I started visualizing that I would do an Ironman Triathlon. I am a 4x Ironman triathlete. Check!
- 2009: I started visualizing that I would go to Graduate School at the University of Texas-San Antonio and receive my Master’s Degree in Kinesiology. I have just completed my first semester. Check!
- 2010: I started visualizing myself at the CrossFit Games in California.I will be going to the Regional CrossFit competition in Fort Worth, TX with the RiverCity CrossFit Team from San Antonio. Will I be able to check this off my field of dreams? I will let you know after May 30th!*
Jennifer wearing Run: Speed Shorts
What is your field of dreams?
* editor’s note: Jennifer wrote this post before heading to the Regional CrossFit competition on May 29th. We have since followed up with her to check in after the event:
“We did not make it to the 2010 CrossFit Games in California in July. While I am a bit bummed about it, there is always next year and I learned so much about myself as a person and as an athlete – physically, mentally and spiritually!”