how to make a healthy iced vanilla latte
posted: June 7, 2014
It has felt a lot like summer here in Vancouver for the last few weeks, and with hot weather comes cravings for cool treats. While it’s easy to pop into Starbucks for an iced something-or-other or to hit your favourite fro-yo spot, it’s almost as easy as pulling out your wallet—and definitely healthier—to turn to your very own kitchen. This healthy version of an Iced Vanilla Latte made in collaboration with our friends at Greatist provides both the caffeine kick of iced coffee and creamy indulgence of a milkshake. Extra bonus? Almond milk is packed with vitamins and cinnamon fights inflammation.
HEALTHY ICED VANILLA LATTE
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2-3 coffee ice cubes
2-3 drops liquid sweetener
1 dash ground cinnamon
1. Brew a fresh pot of coffee, however you like
2. Pour coffee into ice tray
3. Freeze for an hour (or overnight, if time allows)
4. Place coffee ice cubes into a cup
5. Pour almond milk over the ice cubes
6. Add Stevia and stir using a spoon
7. Add a dash of cinnamon to the top
Craving something thicker? Toss all the ingredients in a blender.
Feeling adventurous? Experiment with almond and coconut milk flavours or add fresh mint.
Check out Greatist for more amazing recipes to complement your active lifestyle.