how to wheel
posted: October 21, 2013
Want to relieve some stress, overcome that afternoon slump and increase your energy? Our Hong Kong Citicorp showroom ambassador, Cindy Leung, works through Wheel Pose (aka Urdhva Dhanurasana, Chakrasana, or Upward Facing Bow), a heart-opening posture.
Here’s Cindy’s 10-step breakdown to Chakrasana success:
1) Lie down on your back, feet hip-width apart, knees and ankles aligned, arms extended.
2) Place your hands near your ears, pointing your fingers towards your shoulders.
3) Lift your hips up and lightly come onto the crown of your head.
4) Press up.
5) Straighten your arms and draw your belly button in to support your lower back.
6) You’re doing it! Enjoy the stretch and open your heart. Hold for 5-10 seconds.
7) For a challenge, walk your toes in a bit towards your hands.
8) Slowly release. Tuck in your chin, bend your elbows and gently roll down your spine.
9) Give your body a moment to rest.
10) Place your hands behind your knees to help you sit back up.
Any other postures you’d like to see broken down by our experts?