my goals | manny osborne-paradis
posted: November 8, 2013
At the time I chatted with Manny Osborne-Paradis, he was sitting in the second of four available spots for Sochi next February, and had a laser focus on placing in the top 12 in his upcoming races to ensure a spot on the Canadian Olympic team. But you don’t get the level Manny has in his career by thinking only a few months out, so I asked him about his beyond-the-Games goals.
• Run another successful season of Cowboys Camp. It’s a training camp for skilled racers who may not have access to funds to travel for race camps to get 1:1 coaching and mentorship from myself and my teammate Mike Janyk.
• Continue to build relationships with sponsors.
• Work with the team at Right to Play to create awareness and insight into their cause and the impact of play on children’s lives in Canada and globally.
• Compete at the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea
• Make the podium/win multiple World Cups.
• Continue to race for the next five years.
• Take the Cowboys Camps to the next level including growing its number of annual participants.