#nohumbug: airport scavenger hunt
posted: December 19, 2013
You arrive at the airport in lots of time for your flight. Your bag has been checked and you’re ready to roll when the departures sign lights up with the two words no traveller ever wants to see: FLIGHT DELAYED.
At this precise moment you have a choice to make: will you become that whining, surly traveller who pulls everyone at the gate down a rabbit hole of misery OR will you take the high road and embark upon an activity (besides drinking over-priced glasses of wine—though we’re sure that helps, too) that will soak up the hours and, with any luck, leave you and others smiling?
Inspired by Allessia, this is our…
#NOHUMBUG AIRPORT INSTAGRAM SCAVENGER HUNT
Playing is easy, and can be done solo or with as many people as you like. There are 10 things you need to find listed below. Each is worth 1 point. Find them, snap a pic and instagram them with the hashtag #nohumbug. If the time you’re waiting for your flight passes quickly then you have won the game.
1. “Airport money.” Yes, this is a real thing. It’s a voucher with no cash value that you can use in exchange for food and drink while at the terminal. (Hint: ask your airline agent.)
2. A piece of yellow clothing in an airport shop.
3. A sweet local souvenir for less than $10. Think: snowglobes, key chains, shot glasses etc with the name of the city you’re in. (Stick it in someone’s stocking later.)
4. A live animal. Bonus point for getting its name.
5. Someone with a musical instrument. Bonus point if it’s not a guitar.
6. Someone watching a holiday movie on an iPad. Bonus point if it’s The Grinch.
7. A piece of advice from a stranger, written out for you on a napkin.
8. A newspaper from a different city than you’re in.
9. A soldier.
10. Someone wearing socks in sandals.
Bonus Round: Someone wearing lululemon. Add a bonus point if that piece of clothing isn’t black.
POTENTIAL: 15 POINTS
How’d you do?