what’s on my wishlist: Katie
posted: December 9, 2013
Lead Designer, Accessories
WHERE DO YOU LIVE
West End, Vancouver
To do more teacher training and to get to Mexico for a vacation in the winter.
FAVE WAY TO SWEAT
Yoga, hands down.
FAVE HOLIDAY TRADITION
I have a twin brother and every year he loads his trunk full of craft beer from Detroit, where we’re from. (And we both really like the same kind: dark beers.) Then he brings it to the house and we load it into the snow and just drink it. I partake in about two—that’s all I can handle these days.
MOST MEMORABLE GIFT YOU’VE GIVEN
I travel a lot for work and go to Europe twice a year. A year ago I stayed an extra day with another designer and we went shopping in a random flea market in Paris. I was in this one stall and I found a bowl full of buttons, and a brass one that had an M on it. So I grabbed it and gave it to my mom, Mary. She took it to a jeweller and turned it into a necklace.
ONE OF YOUR DESIGNS YOU CAN’T WAIT TO GIFT THIS HOLIDAY
The Mind and Body Kit cosmetics case that we do—everyone always needs them. They’re super squishable to fit into your suitcase and have this wire frame so they stay open when you set it on the counter. Inside has a clear pouch for your liquids that snaps out, which is perfect if you carry on. Plus this year we’ve added a removable bag for your toothbrush. I like to stuff the case with socks and underwear. Yes, I’m the girl that gives socks and underwear as presents because I design them.
WHAT’S ON YOUR WISHLIST?
- Charity Water. People volunteer to give up their birthday or Christmas gifts and the money is sent to get clean water to countries around the world. The thing I appreciate most about the holidays is just being with my family, so I’d be happy to just give the money to this.
- Kodachrome Memory by Nathan Benn. I saw this book when I was in Paris. It’s a collection of photos from the US in the 70′s.
- Snowshoes. Gotta make use of my grind pass in the winter time. If anybody knows of a cuter pair, I’m in the market.
- Jambox from Jawbone. My home stereo set up is pathetic.
- iPad Mini. I travel—a lot. And my generation one iPad is dying a slow death. I’d like white with a silver base, and my initials engraved on the back.
- Scuba Hoodie with Detachable Hood. I’ve heard about this puppy through the grapevine. There’s nothing more I love in the winter than a good old hoodie, a collarless one that has the look and feel of a varsity jacket plucks my preppy heart strings.
- Elizabeth and James Leather Overalls. At $1,300 a pair it’s a long shot, but this is a wish list, right?