what’s on my wishlist: Niamh
posted: November 8, 2013
WHERE DO YOU LIVE
Bushwick, in Brooklyn, New York
To be a design director for a lululemon LAB in NYC.
FAVE WAY TO SWEAT
I love riding my bike, which I mix with other things, like Tight Club in Vancouver—I love it. Over the winter I’ll be going to Soul Cycle here in New York.
FAVE HOLIDAY TRADITION
Having a big meal with my family at my parents’ house in Toronto. It’s always the same in a really lovely way. Though, a couple of years ago my aunt brought a bottle of tequila to dinner and passed it around, and one of my younger brothers decided that should be a new tradition, so we’re working on making it one.
MOST MEMORABLE GIFT YOU’VE GIVEN
I pride myself on giving good gifts! Full disclosure, though, is the best gift I’ve ever given wasn’t for Christmas, it was for my bestie’s birthday. We are in a bicycle gang and we’re all about having these seafoam [green] matching jackets—Pink Lady-style. We’re also obsessed with Dolly Parton and Dollywood in Nashville. When I was in Vancouver one time I found a black satin jacket with an amazing gold, sparkly eagle on the back with a Dollywood thing through its centre. It was destined for my friend Irene. She started crying when I gave it to her.
ONE OF YOUR DESIGNS YOU CAN’T WAIT TO GIFT THIS HOLIDAY
The weightless crew is one my faves and I am going to get it for my best buddy Katy. The fabric—silverescent sheer luon—is so soft and cozy that it feels like your favourite worn in T-shirt, but its also super technical: anti stink, wicking and quick dry. The fit skims the body in the best way and you can layer it up when headed out for a run. It’s also really versatile, so it will be great for chilling at the cottage, getting sweaty at the gym or for a light practice.
WHAT’S ON YOUR WISHLIST?
- A Costa Rica Yoga & Surf Retreat with one of my favourite teachers, Jacob, from my favourite Bushwick studio, Goodyoga.
- Our Fluff-off Crew, which is one of my favourite pieces for winter, soft and cozy. I’m planning to wear it everywhere—as a sweater at the office, under my shell up on the mountains snowboarding, even as an out layer on a lovely sunny winter days. Weightless warmth everywhere I go.
- An industrial serger (a sewing machine), to round out my home studio.
- A Keepin It Cozy Toque in black—the ultimate in cozy luxury and perfect from October to February.
- A Post-Chaturanga Pullover. It’s cozy fleece perfect for snuggling on winter evenings!
- Nike Fly-knits in white and black. I’ve been lusting after these for a while, but I already have a serious repertoire of runners, so being gifted them would be the perfect way to acquire them!
- Our Back To Class Backpack. Its sleek look is perfect for commuting on my bike when I need to carry a computer, and the handy removable pouch is ideal for going and grabbing lunch.
Plus, I am obsessed with Alexander Wang’s chunky white Mary Janes! They won’t be out until next spring, but if some little angel were able to find me a pair they would be forever in my good books!!
Don’t keep them guessing, make a wishlist!